Museum del Sannio

The Museo del Sannio in Benevento is a museum that collects historical testimonies of all the epochs concerning Benevento. It is divided into 4 departments: Archeology, Medieval, Art and History. The first three are located in the cloister of the church of Santa Sofia, the last one in the keep of the Rocca dei Rettori. Moreover, since 1981 the Church of Sant'Ilario in Port'Aurea has been assigned to the Museum, which serves as a videomuseum of the Arch of Trajan. The museum includes a specialized library and a laboratory for analysis and restoration.

Completed: in 1873